Saturday, October 26, 2013

Some new skills I learnt - Thanks to craftsy

Hello every one,


Thanks to my cousin who had a mini table space at her office and my gorgeous jewelery was on display. So I made lots of new stuff. 

I always painted pendants but used to use ready made cords. Then I discovered a new place online to learn some new skills that I always wanted to learn. My favorite place to take workshops these days is CRAFTSY.COM.

I have already taken 3 workshops there and I am more than delighted with their platform for several reasons.  
a) I can watch the videos for ever. They don't expire ever. A big bonus for me. No rush and no need to download and keep and occupy my disc space. 
b) The quality of videos is really very professional. 
c) The instructors are excellent. 
d) The videos are surprisingly viewable without much delay time. 

These are the three workshops I have taken. 

If you want to know........

What is Craftsy?
Craftsy is a worldwide craft community offering online classes. It also has a patterns marketplace where independent designers can sell their patterns; a supplies shop with great deals on yarn, fabric, and class kits; and a projects section where members share pictures of their latest craft successes. With over two million members and counting, Craftsy has something for just about everyone, in categories ranging from quilting, sewing, knitting, painting, photography, cooking, and more. 

I had already done a post on why I love the online courses early this year. So I am hooked on to the medium big time. 

But just in case you still have that big Question....... 

Why should I take a class online?
Online education isn’t just for schools and universities anymore. Craftsy courses provide you the convenience of a world-class instructor in your home, whenever you want to learn. Online education, no matter what subject, is a great alternative to in-person classes for a number of reasons. 

With many online learning opportunities being on-demand, you are able to learn at your own pace, anytime. Online learning is a fantastic alternative to in-store craft classes for people with busy schedules or who have difficulty leaving the house. It also allows you to watch a troubling section over-and-over again, so you can see exactly how a technique is carried out, or refer back to your class for relevant concepts before beginning any new projects.

I would suggest you do go check the free classes before you decide here is the link - Free Craftsy Classes

They have some gorgeous sale coming up every now and then so it would be nice to subscribe so you don't miss out. I have grabbed workshops at as low as $10 during sale. They are worth every penny.

Some of my pieces I made after I joined Craftsy.com ....



Some skills I got to learn.....

I learnt crimping. 
I learnt knotting - I practiced on old paper beads
Multi Strand Necklaces - loved the combinations
Had fun with beads, crochet and wire 

Made my own clasp for the chain. No more buying ready made findings



Have a fun filled weekend.

I hope you enjoy. I have a free resources page on the top which you can check from time to time.

Love and Light
Catch you soon. 
Prerna

Disclaimer : I do have a craftsy affiliate, but I would recommend even otherwise as I love their platform. 

No comments: